|julia.krysztofiak @ gmail.com|
|hostel||needs 1 bed in the hostel|
|self-description||I am during my 4th year of MA studies in philosophy. My main areas of interests are:
- philosophy of language:
* theory of reference
* formal semantics
* deep structure (do we really need this concept?)
* linguistic universals (do they really exist?)
* methodology of linguistics (epistemic status of the category of grammaticalness, linguistic intuition as an explicatory factor in linguistics)
- formal linguistics
* logic/algebra for HPSG
* simple syntax (I'd really like to know what it is all about:)
- NLP and statistical NLP - parsing, rule-based information retrieval etc.
Purpose of willing to come to the EGG?
- to meet people who share my interests
- to learn something about things I have little idea about - minimal program in grammar, simple syntax, OT...
- to share my ideas, remarks, considerations with others to get some professional feedback
My background in linguistics:
- at K.U.Leuven, Belgium:
* 1 semester course in Linguistics in AI
* 1 semester course in NLP
* 1 semester course in philosophical foundations of liguistic theories
- at Warsaw University, Poland:
* 1 semester in cognitive psychology
* 2 semesters in logical semiotics
* much, much, too much of logic:)
To give you some more vivid picture of myself: I have also some experience with programming (Prolog, LISP), AI, information retrieval, social networks. I speak Polish as native, English, some Hungarian, German, Flemish... I ski...