Introduction to semantics - part 1Marta AbrusanAn informal introduction to some questions of semantics (and pragmatics) though case studies of interesting phenomena.
- Day 1: Introduction; Entailment, Presuppositions, Implicatures.
- Day 2: Compositionality and Lexical Semantics: Case studies in the meaning of adjectives.
- Day 3: Quantifiers, negative polarity items, adverbial quantification
- Day 4: The semantics of plurals; the count-mass and the telic-atelic distinction.
- Day 5: The interpretation of focus